Jodi Winship, PhD, OTR/L
Phone: (804) 828-2219
- Occupation and Health
- Aging in Place
- Health Disparities/Occupational Justice
- Interprofessional and Team-Based Care
- Community Engaged Research
- 2019: Ph.D. in Social and Behavioral Sciences, Virginia Commonwealth University
- 2015: M.S. in Occupational Therapy, Virginia Commonwealth University
- 2004: M.S. in Geography, Virginia Polytechnic and State University
- 1996: B.A. in International Affairs, Mary Washington College
Certifications and Licensure
- Virginia Occupational Therapy License
- National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy
Winship, J.M., Falls, K., Gregory, M., Peron, E.P., Donohoe, K.L., Sargent, L., Slattum, P.W., Chung, J., Tyler, C.M., Diallo, A., Battle, K., and Parsons, P. (2020). A case study in rapid adaptation of interprofessional education and remote visits during COVID-19. Journal of Interprofessional Care. DOI: 10.1080/13561820.2020.1807921
Brooks EM, Winship JM, Kuzel AJ. (2020). A “behind-the-scenes” look at interprofessional care coordination: How person-centered care in safety-net health system complex care clinics produce better outcomes. International Journal of Integrated Care, 2020; 20(2): 5, 1–10. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5334/ijic.4734
Winship, J.M., Ivey, C.K. and Etz, R.S. (2019). Opportunities for occupational therapy on a primary care team. American Journal of Occupational Therapy, 73(5). DOI: https://doi.org/10.5014/ajot.2019.030841
Mosavel, M., Winship, J., Ferrell, D., and LaRose, J. G. (2019). Data dissemination in CBPR: accountability and responsiveness. Collaborations: A Journal of Community-based Research and Practice, 2(1), 11. DOI: http://doi.org/10.33596/coll.33
Mosavel, M.; Winship, J.; Liggins, V.; Cox, T.; Roberts, M.; and Jones, D.S. (2019). Community-based participatory research and sustainability: The Petersburg Wellness Consortium. Journal of Community Engagement and Scholarship, 11(2).
Ivey, C.K., Winship, J.M., and Etz, R.S. (2017). Challenges and successes in an integrated behavioral complex care clinic. Journal of Interprofessional Education & Practice, 9: 34-40. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.xjep.2017.08.002
For complete bibliography go to: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/myncbi/1PIkdew2EEIQf/bibliography/public/
Mosavel, M., Winship, J. and Ahmed, R. (2018). Participatory health research in South Africa. In K. Kongats & M.T. Wright (Eds.), Participatory Health Research: Voices from Around the World (pp. 239-253). Springer International Publishing.
- Co-Investigator, Voice2Connect: User-Centered Design of a Smart Speaker-Based System for Low Income Seniors, National Institute on Aging (R03), 2020-2020. ($77,625)
- Co-Investigator, The Richmond Health & Wellness Program: Supporting Wellness and Aging Needs, AARP Foundation, 2020-2023. ($518,000)
- Co-investigator, The lived experience of older adults during COVID-19, VCU COVID Rapid Response Grant, 2020. ($10,000).
- Co-Investigator, Geriatrics Workforce Enhancement Program, Department of Health and Human Services, 2020-2024.
- Evaluator, Housing Instability Risk Reduction: Strategies for Improving Health and Wellness, Regirer Foundation, 2020. ($15,000).