The Department of Physical Therapy in cooperation with the other departments of the College of Health Professions, as well as the Schools of Education and Medicine offer doctoral training programs to qualified physical therapists.
- Rehabilitation and Movement Science
- Physiology/Physical Therapy
- Health Related Sciences
Objectives and goals
Although each program is unique in specific goals, these programs prepare physical therapy academicians who can contribute to the understanding and application of therapeutic procedures through basic and applied research and who can teach both clinical and didactic physical therapy on all academic levels with the goals of:
- Obtaining and excelling in faculty positions in all academic levels,
- Undertaking the research necessary to develop more scientific models of practice; including developing and testing theories at a basic science level,
- Assuming leadership roles within the profession and
- Advancing the development and delivery of clinical education.