Audrey E. Kane, PhD, OTR/L
Assistant Professor and Director of Admissions
- Early childhood – Care in the neonatal intensive care unit through 3 years of age
- Quality of parent-child interaction in families with children who have special needs
- Community-based programs and activities
PhD in Health Related Sciences from Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia (2013)
MS in Occupational Therapy from Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia (1991)
Bachelor of Arts from Hendrix College, Conway, Arkansas (1983)
Selected Published Abstracts
- Khurana, S., Dusing, S., Kane, A., Brown, S., and Tarver, T. Effect of Neonatal Therapy Intervention on Neurobehavior, Neuromotor or Cognitive Development of Preterm Infants. American Academy for Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine, Anaheim, CA, September 2019.
- Kane, A., Marcinowski, E., Hsu, L., Koziol, N., and Dusing, S. Parent-Provided Cognitive Opportunities and Infant Mobility During Play for Children with Motor Impairments, American Occupational Therapy Association Annual Conference, New Orleans, LA, April 2019.
- Kane, A., and Simons, D. What’s App? Selecting and Evaluating Usability of Apps for Mental Health Consumers, American Occupational Therapy Association Annual Conference, New Orleans, LA, April 2019.